Down Home Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 pound VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) package KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese , divided
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
step 1: Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add prepared cheese product and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni.
step 2: Pour into lightly greased 1-1/2-quart casserole. Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
step 3: Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.