Drunken Collard Greens Recipe
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 bunch collard greens - rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) smoked pork chop, diced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and fry until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain off excess fat. Add the onion; cook and stir until slightly browned. Add the pork chop, and season with cayenne pepper. Cook until pork is browned.
step 2: Add the collard greens, and pour in the chicken broth and beer. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until collards are tender. Crumble bacon on top, and season with salt and pepper before serving.