Easter Basket Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY®'S Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 3 3/4 cups MOUNDS® Sweetened Coconut Flakes, (tinted)
- Assorted HERSHEY's Easter Candies:
- JOLLY RANCHER® Jelly Beans
- CADBURY® Mini Eggs Candy
- HERSHEY®'S Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs
- HERSHEY®'S KISSES® Milk Chocolates
- 33 TWIZZLERS® Strawberry Licorice Twists
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
step 2: Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin), Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
step 3: Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
step 4: To make Easter baskets, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting. Immediately make 'nest' on top of each cupcake with tinted coconut; place assorted candy in nests.
step 5: For handle, insert wooden pick in each end of strawberry twists; press down into each side of each cupcake, bending to form handle.