Eastern Rice Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
step 1: In a saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups salted water to a boil. Add 3/4 cup rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Refrigerate rice until chilled.
step 2: Combine the chilled cooked rice, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, cashews, green onions, bean sprouts, spinach and celery in a large bowl.
step 3: Blend the vegetable oil, soy sauce, parsley and crushed garlic in a separate bowl.
step 4: Pour the dressing over the salad 1 hour before serving and toss well.