Easy Creamy Chicken Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ⅛ cup heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups shredded Medium Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
step 1: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute until golden brown.
step 2: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 3: In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine soup, cream, ground black pepper, paprika and salt; heat until sauce thickens.
step 4: Add mushroom mixture to sauce and bring to a slow boil over medium heat; stir in cheese and chopped chicken.
step 5: Pour sauce onto pasta; serve.