Easy Eggplant Pita Recipe
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pitas, halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch-style salad dressing (optional)
step 1: Combine eggplant, mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, garlic powder and olive oil in a skillet and fry until vegetables are gently brown and softened.
step 2: Stuff hot vegetable mixture into pita bread pockets. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese into the pockets. Top the entire sandwich with ranch dressing if you wish.