Easy Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can ORTEGA® Refried Beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can ORTEGA® Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, sliced in half, divided
- 2 cups SARGENTO® ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- sliced green onions
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: COOK beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in salsa, beans, enchilada sauce and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes
step 3: LAYER half of corn tortillas on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.