Easy Fusilli with Tomato Pesto Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 14 ounces fusilli (spiral) pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves for garnish
step 1: Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic for 2 minutes, then add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and return to pot.
step 3: Season tomato sauce with salt and pepper; stir in pesto. Pour sauce over hot cooked pasta and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese, garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.