Easy German Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
step 1: Sprinkle the coconut and pecans into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
step 2: Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
step 3: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add egg and sugar; beat until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Carefully spread to within 1 in. of edges.
step 4: Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate.