Easy Mexican Calzones Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 cup SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Garnish suggestions: ORTEGA® Salsa Prima™, shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 425 F.
step 2: BROWN beef in large skillet; drain. Add chiles, water and seasoning mix; mix well
step 3: PLACE unwrapped pie crusts on cutting board; unfold. Cut each crust in half, making 4 half circles. Place 1/2 cup beef filling on half of each half circle. Place 1/4 cup cheese on top of each. Dampen edge of crust with water. Fold sides over filling; crimp edges with tines of fork. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
step 4: BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
step 5: Garnish suggestions: ORTEGA (R) Salsa Prima (TM) , shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions.