Easy Mexican Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
step 1: In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
step 2: Stir in taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and lettuce.
step 3: Cook over medium heat until heated through.