Easy Pasta Fagioli Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 thin slice onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini pasta
step 1: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute carrot, celery and onion until soft. Add garlic and saute briefly. Stir in tomato sauce, chicken broth, pepper, parsley and basil; simmer for 20 minutes.
step 2: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ditalini pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 3: Add beans to the sauce mixture and simmer for a few minutes. When pasta is done, stir into sauce and bean mixture.