Easy Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 10 shallots, peeled
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
step 1: Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
step 2: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes. Place roast into a large roasting pan. Pour beans, beer, and tomatoes over roast. Arrange onions, shallots, garlic, bay leaves and sprigs of rosemary around the roast, and season with salt and pepper.
step 3: Cover, and bake for 4 hours. Raise the temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), and roast 1 hour more.