Easy Vegetarian Corn Chowder Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
step 1: In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions and celery in butter 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 6 minutes more, until light brown. Whisk in broth and simmer 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir in creamed corn, corn, carrot, half-and-half, milk, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Simmer over low heat 10 minutes more.