Egg Salad with a Kick Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese hot prepared mustard
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 5 pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 15minutes. Drain hot water, and run eggs under cold water to chill. Crack shells by rolling on the counter, and peel.
step 2: Place eggs in the container of a food processor, and briefly pulse to chop. Transfer the eggs to a medium bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, Chinese mustard, celery, olives, and relish. Season with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Taste, and adjust seasoning to your liking.