Eggplant, Zucchini and Sweet Red Pepper Stew Recipe
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
step 1: Place eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Rinse eggplant and pat dry. Saute until slightly browned. Stir in onion and saute until transparent. Stir in garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
step 3: Stir in rice, zucchini, red bell pepper, tomatoes, wine, water, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture reaches a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
step 4: Remove from heat and stir in basil, parsley and rosemary.