Eggplant Antipasto Recipe
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium baking dish, mix the eggplant, onion, garlic, green bell pepper, mushrooms and olive oil.
step 3: Cook covered 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
step 4: Remove the eggplant mixture from the oven and stir in the water, sliced stuffed green olives, salt, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, sugar, basil, oregano and pepper.
step 5: Continue baking 30 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender.
step 6: Chill the mixture in the refrigerator 8 hour or overnight before serving.