Eggplant Burgers Recipe
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
step 1: Place the eggplant slices on a plate, and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, or until the centers are cooked.
step 2: Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplant slices until lightly toasted on each side, and place one slice of cheese onto each one. Cook until cheese has melted, and remove from the skillet.
step 3: Place eggplant on hamburger buns, and allow each person to top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles, and dress with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.