Emily's Mediterranean Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package uncooked spaghettini
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place sun-dried tomatoes into a small pot, and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, chop, and set aside.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Fry onion and garlic in the oil until onions are transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes; cook over low heat for about 5 minutes. Throw in the spaghettini, and toss to coat. Mix in the green olives. Serve hot with bread crumbs and lots of black pepper on top.