Emily's Super Eggplant Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
step 1: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook eggplant, bell pepper, onion, and garlic until soft and tender, stirring often.
step 2: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain, and set aside.
step 3: When done, transfer vegetables to a large stock pot. Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, and water. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot over egg noodles.