- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup (1 small) chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup SARGENTO® ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: COMBINE raisins and vinegar in small bowl; soak for 15 to 20 minutes or until raisins are plump.
step 3: COOK beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Add 1/2 cup salsa, almonds, raisins, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until flavors are blended.
step 4: DIVIDE dough into 6 pieces; roll until balls. On well-floured board, roll each ball into a 6-inch circle. Place 1/2 cup meat filling on bottom half of circle; sprinkle with cheese. Fold top half of dough over filling; crimp edges with tines of fork. Pierce top with fork. Place on greased cookie sheet; brush with egg.
step 5: BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with remaining salsa.