- 2 pounds chicken gizzards
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium head garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- ½ cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- salt to taste
step 1: Place chicken gizzards in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Simmer over low heat until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
step 2: While gizzards are simmering, mix together onion, bell pepper, garlic, vinegar, oil, bay leaves, olives, and peppercorns in a large bowl. When ready, drain gizzards and mix into bowl. Season with salt to taste and marinate at least an hour in refrigerator.