Fabulous Foolproof Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until brown and the juices run clear. Drain and set aside.
step 3: In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, basil, thyme, garlic powder, oregano and half the shredded mozzarella. Mix well, and set aside.
step 4: Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with a little of the spaghetti sauce. Place three noodles in the bottom of the pan, not touching. Spread a layer of the ricotta mixture, a layer of sausage, and a layer of spaghetti sauce over the noodles. Repeat three more times. Top with the reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover with foil.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, remove foil and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.