Fairuzah's Chili Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 large white onion, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large pot, combine the ground beef, ground turkey, and onion. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir in the kidney beans, baked beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Season with chili powder, garlic, garlic powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The longer the better. After the first half-hour has passed, taste, and adjust seasonings to suit your preference.