Family Casserole Recipe
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
step 2: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and celery until tender. Stir in the condensed soup and chicken broth. Add the broccoli, water chestnuts, rice, chicken, and mushrooms. Cook and stir briefly. Season with salt and garlic powder. Mix in Cheddar cheese, and pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 3: Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through and bubbly.