Fat Tuesday Salmon Recipe
- 1 potato, peeled
- 2 (14.75 ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
step 1: Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add potato and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine salmon, onion, green bell pepper, potato, jalapeno, egg and ground black pepper; mix well.
step 3: Shape mixture into 4 patties and coat with cracker crumbs.
step 4: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and cook patties until browned on each side; serve.