- 2 pita breads
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sumac powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Toast pitas 5 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until crisp. Remove from heat, and break into bite size pieces.
step 3: In a large bowl, toss together toasted pita pieces, romaine lettuce, green onions, cucumber, and tomatoes.
step 4: In a small bowl, mix the parsley, garlic, sumac powder, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and mint. Pour over the pita mixture, and toss just before serving.