Fettuccine with Sausage-Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound mild or hot turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 (15 ounce) containers BUITONI® Mushroom Marinara Sauce
- 2 (9 ounce) packages BUITONI® Cut Pastas Spinach Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
step 1: COAT large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring to break into pieces, for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
step 2: ADD bell peppers, carrots and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or just until tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Divide mixture in half. Transfer half of mixture to a 1-quart freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze for up to 2 months.
step 3: COMBINE remaining meat and vegetable mixture with 2 containers sauce in the same skillet. (Freeze the other 2 containers sauce.) Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, prepare 1 package of pasta according to package directions. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese.