Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, spray cooking oil in a large skillet and saute red bell peppers, garlic and cayenne pepper over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
step 3: Stir in sour cream and broth; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
step 4: Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste; serve.