Fiery Cornmeal Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package Tyson® Fresh Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Light ranch style or bleu cheese dressing, optional
step 1: PREP: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. CLEAN: Wash hands. In medium bowl, blend melted butter, hot pepper sauce and vinegar. On plate, blend cornmeal, cayenne and salt. Add chicken to butter mixture; toss to coat evenly. Dip chicken in cornmeal to coat. CLEAN: Wash hands.
step 2: COOK: Place coated chicken on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F 9 to 11 minutes or until internal juices run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 degrees F.)
step 3: SERVE: Serve with dressing, assorted fruit and bakery rolls, if desired.
step 4: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.