Fiesta Corn Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups ALBERS® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 1/2 cups SARGENTO® ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
step 2: COMBINE flour, cornmeal, cheese, chiles, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add evaporated milk, vegetable oil and eggs; stir just until moistened. Spread into prepared baking pan.
step 3: BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; cut into squares. Serve warm.