Fiesta Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 cups Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 6 flour tortillas, large, lowfat
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos or green chiles, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions for garnish
- cooking spray
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: For sauce: In a large saucepan, mix tomato sauce, tomato paste and taco seasoning over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
step 3: For filling: Coat a large saute pan with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions and Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw over medium-high heat until onions are translucent. Set aside. Using the same pan, add ground turkey and cook thoroughly, breaking the meat into small pieces -about 10 minutes. Add onions and Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw, diced green chiles/jalapenos and 3/4 cup cheese. Stir until mixed thoroughly and cheese has melted.
step 4: Preparation: Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour sauce in the casserole dish, enough to cover the bottom. Dip or coat each tortilla with sauce; fill with 1/6 of enchilada filling and wrap; place in casserole dish with close of tortilla to the bottom. Pour all extra sauce on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with diced green onions.
step 5: Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.