Fiesta Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 limes, juiced
- ⅓ cup tequila
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 sprigs cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 6 lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
step 1: To make the salsa, mix the black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, red onion, bell pepper, chiles, and tomatoes together in a bowl. Toss vegetables with the Italian dressing, cilantro, garlic, and garlic salt until evenly blended. Cover, and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
step 2: Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
step 3: About 45 minutes before serving time, place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and drizzle with lime juice and tequila. Sprinkle evenly with paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover the dish, refrigerate, and allow to marinate 10 minutes.
step 4: Remove chicken breasts from the marinade, and discard remaining marinade.
step 5: Cook the chicken breasts on the preheated grill until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
step 6: To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate. Top with a chicken breast, and spoon Texas Bean Salsa over each, dividing evenly among servings. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro leaves and lime wedges.