Fire and Ice Salad Recipe
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in rings
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large cucumber
step 1: In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, bell peppers and onions.
step 2: Prepare the dressing in a saucepan by combining the vinegar, celery salt, mustard seed, sugar, cayenne pepper, black pepper and water. Boil for 1 minute and pour hot dressing over vegetables. Refrigerate until chilled.
step 3: Before serving, peel and slice cucumber; add to vegetables and toss.