Fish Veracruz Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper or halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (24 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ORTEGA® Pickled Jalapeno Slices
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- lime wedges (optional)
step 1: ARRANGE fish in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Cover; refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
step 2: HEAT vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine; cook for 1 minute.
step 3: STIR in salsa, tomato sauce, jalapenos, olives and capers. Bring to a boil. Place fish in sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork. Serve with cilantro and lime.