Fish in Ginger-Tamarind Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- fresh curry leaves (optional)
step 1: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook mustard seeds in hot oil until they begin to crackle. Stir in ginger and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Pour in water, and stir in tamarind paste. Bring to a boil, then season with coriander, chile powder, and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook on for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 2: Cook fish in sauce until fish is cooked through. Serve garnished with fresh curry leaves.