Fisherman's Catch Chowder Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar clam juice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light cream
step 1: In a slow cooker, stir together the cod, tomatoes, clam juice, onion, celery, carrots, wine, parsley, rosemary, and salt. Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.
step 2: One hour prior to serving, mix flour, butter, and light cream in a small bowl. Stir into the slow cooker until the fish mixture is thickened.