Five Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
step 3: Saute onion in bacon fat; add the brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt and vinegar. Cook covered on low heat 20 minutes.
step 4: In a four quart baking dish, combine the bacon, onion mixture, butter beans, lima beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans and baked beans. Mix well, and bake covered for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 30 to 45 minutes longer.