Flaky Chicken Pie Recipe
- 6 Tyson® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large baking potato, cubed (1/2-inch)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1/4-inch)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can 1/3-less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed and warmed according to package
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. CLEAN: Wash hands. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and sprinkle with seasoned salt. CLEAN: Wash hands.
step 2: COOK: Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion and cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add potato, carrot, 1/2 cup broth, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 5 or 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, blend flour into remaining broth. Blend broth mixture into chicken and vegetable mixture. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream; set aside. On work surface, layer phyllo sheets, brushing between layers with margarine, reserving a small amount for finished pie. Fit phyllo layers into spray-coated deep 2-quart casserole. Fill with chicken mixture. Fold edges of phyllo over filling; brush with remaining margarine. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown, filling is bubbly and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 180 degrees F.)
step 3: SERVE: Serve with hot rolls and steamed broccoli, if desired.
step 4: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.