Flaky Crescent Mushroom Turnovers Recipe
- ¼ pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 ½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the mushrooms, parsley and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Drain and set aside.
step 3: Separate the dough into 4 rectangles. Cut rectangles in half, forming 8 squares, and arrange on a large baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture on each square. Top each square with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Fold the squares into triangles.
step 4: In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Brush triangles with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
step 5: Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.