Focaccia Deli Sandwich Recipe
- 1 recipe Easy Herbed Focaccia
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 2 (8 ounce) packages finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini slices (12 to 15 peppers)
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs, whole pimiento-stuffed olives
- Easy Herbed Focaccia
- You may substitute 1 tablespoon dried rosemary for 1/4 cup fresh. Divide into 3/4 and 1/4 tablespoon to follow recipe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen bread dough, thawed
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
step 1: Easy Herb Focaccia: BRUSH a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
step 2: TURN bread dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times or until smooth.
step 3: STIR together butter, 3 tablespoons rosemary, and Parmesan cheese; gradually knead mixture into bread dough until dough is smooth and elastic, adding additional flour, if necessary.
step 4: PRESS dough evenly into prepared pan. Using fingertips, press small indentations in top of dough; sprinkle with garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary. Drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle with kosher salt, if desired, and pepper. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
step 5: BAKE at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
step 6: Focaccia Deli Sandwiches: CUT Easy Herbed Focaccia crosswise in half using a serrated knife; cut each portion lengthwise in half.
step 7: SPREAD mayonnaise over cut sides of top halves, and spread Dijon mustard over cut sides of bottom halves.
step 8: LAYER bottom halves with salami and next 5 ingredients; add top halves.
step 9: WRAP sandwiches in Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, and seal. Place in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
step 10: BAKE at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cut into 8 squares, and serve immediately.