Four-Bean Medley Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
step 1: In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside.
step 2: Saute onions in drippings until tender. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
step 3: Combine the beans in a slow cooker. Add onion mixture and bacon; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the beans are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.