Fourteen Carat Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch pans.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda , salt and cinnamon. Add the sugar, oil and eggs; mix well for 1 minute. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes (one layer may be done sooner than the other). Cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
step 4: To make the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar at low speed until combined; beat until fluffy. Stir in vanilla.