Frank's Famous Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions, green bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent and the peppers are tender. Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, basil, oregano and ground black pepper; fry stirring frequently until the turkey is done.
step 2: Add the can of stewed tomatoes with liquid and reduce heat; simmering until the tomatoes are soft and begin to fall apart. Add the tomato sauce and stir; add tomato paste to thicken. Simmer on very low heat for about 15 minutes. Serve over you favorite pasta.