Frank's Spicy Alabama Onion Beer Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 2 (15 ounce) cans spicy chili beans
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
step 1: Crumble the ground chuck into a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until evenly browned. Drain grease. Transfer the beef to a large soup pot. Add onions, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beer and chili beans. Season with Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, jalapenos, and red pepper flakes, if using.
step 2: Cover the pot, and simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Turn off heat, and let cool, then refrigerate for two days. It gets much better with time. Heat and serve.