Freckles 'n Warts Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ⅛ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups white chocolate chips
- 4 cups shelled walnuts
step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, gradually stir into the applesauce mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and walnuts until evenly distributed. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
step 3: Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.