French Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Combine meat and flour in a large plastic food storage bag and toss to coat evenly.
step 2: In a 6 quart saucepan brown meat in hot vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
step 3: Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, carrots, potatoes and thyme. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover; and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
step 4: Blend in mustard and serve.