French Fry Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup processed cheese sauce (such as Cheez Whiz®)
- 1/2 (28 ounce) package frozen shoestring potato fries
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: Heat the oil in a skillet, and cook and stir the ground beef, onion, and green pepper over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until the meat is crumbly and no longer pink and the onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the condensed mushroom soup. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat.
step 3: Scoop the cheese sauce into a microwaveable bowl, and melt on low power for about 30 seconds.
step 4: Place the ground beef mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, and spread an even layer of the melted cheese sauce over the ground beef. Top with frozen shoestring fries. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the fries are starting to turn golden.