French Quarter Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cut bread into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange bread slices and pecans on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter; toast lightly.
step 2: In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla. Put bread and pecans in a lightly greased 7x11 in casserole dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Make sure that bread slices are saturated with liquid.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.