Fresh Fruit Tart with Ginger Snap Crust Recipe
- 2 cups ground gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup SMUCKER'S® Apricot Preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: For crust: In a medium bowl, combine ground cookies and sugar. With a pastry blender or two knives, add Butter Flavored CRISCO(R) Shortening and mix until moist clumps form. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch removable bottom tart pan. Bake in oven till golden, about 8 minutes. Watch carefully as it can easily burn at the end of cooking time. Let cool.
step 3: For filling: Combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with an electric mixer until well blended. Add whipping cream and beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Spread in tart shell and chill several hours.
step 4: Arrange fruit on top of chilled filling. Combine SMUCKER'S(R) Apricot Preserves with water and brush over top.
step 5: Garnish with mint leaves and serve.